A Harvest and a Declutter

I have taken the opportunity of a lull between trips away to harvest my vegetable patch and start to declutter our home.

It looks as though I have replaced a mountain of paper with a pile of potatoes, although fortunately the latter are now sacked and stored in the garage rather than piled on a table.

A plum glut has been turned into jam, whilst an overflowing bookcase has been pruned back.

A surplus of apples has been juiced or made into crumbles; a DVD collection has been culled and donated to a local charity shop.

Chipped crockery has been broken further and stored in the greenhouse, ready to provide drainage in next year's plant pots. In the meantime I continue to water this year's pots as I pick the tomatoes and cucumbers from the plants thriving in them.

Beans and courgettes have become our staple diet. I'm also whittling down my wardrobe as it becomes more and more apparent which clothing suits my new life-style in retirement.

Clear floors and surfaces are restoring a feeling of space in our home again and a three-phase plan which will hopefully be evidenced by this blog has been devised:

1. Initial removal of broken or unwanted objects
2. Removal of unused items
3. Complete pruning back to allow room to be emptied and redecorated.

In the garden it is a similar pattern:

1. Harvesting fruit and vegetables
2. Clearing vegetable stalks and heads
3. Digging ready for replanting in the Spring



Comments

Anonymous said…
You baby boomers are the most selfish generation to ever exist. You destroyed your own children's and grandchildren's future with your short-sighted selfishness and immaturity. And then you expect them to pay for your retirement????

Can you baby boomers just hurry up and drop dead, please?
Caree Risover said…
Wow, stirring stuff but if you really do want to have a whip round for my retirement then yes please, why not? Nobody else is paying for it at the moment and I've another 10 years to go before I can collect a state pension, which, unless I live to be extremely old I shall have paid for entirely by myself, thank you!

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Exhaustion

Enough

Boots and Balance

Late, Even in Retirement

Abbatar

Sort Your Life Out

A Reprieve

Technophobia

Great British Bake Off