Walking my Way to Fitness


The Easter weekend was a very pleasant interlude in a hectic schedule as I endeavour to strive towards a clear desk in readiness for retirement. We entertained visitors which is always great because it means we are generally motivated to get out and about, visiting local landmarks that we frequently neglect because they are on our doorstep, so to speak.

However, our plans proved a little ambitious for my level of fitness and involved a somewhat strenuous walk across the North Yorkshire Moors where, looking at the length of the incline in front of me, I bowed out, took the lower route and met up with my companions in time for a picnic lunch in the great outdoors.

Walking is a superb form of exercise and when coupled with great views and good company, it's hard to think of anything to match it. I realise, however, that if I am to exploit the full pleasure of the long distance hike, improve my fitness levels and get to the top of those hills, I am going to have to get out regularly, not simply at Bank Holiday weekends or when friends and family come to stay. Hopefully this blog will record my achievements in that respect.



Comments

Anonymous said…
This is my first time ggo to see at here and i am genuinely happy tto read
all at alonee place.

My blog: related web-site

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Exhaustion

Enough

Boots and Balance

Late, Even in Retirement

Sort Your Life Out

Abbatar

A Reprieve

Good Riddance

Thank You but..