Future Learning

It is  one of my ambitions for my retirement to expand my education and interests with an online course or two. In particular I am really keen on some training in Interior Design. After a lifetime of straight thinking and number crunching type work, the idea of passing hours stimulated by creativity really appeals. 

However, I am conscious that distance learning is not as easy as it sounds and so have decided to explore my suitability and commitment to online education by participating in Future Learn. It's a relatively new initiative spearheaded by the Open University in partnership with a number of other universities offering free short courses on a wide variety of topics.

I am proud to say that I completed my first foray into this method of learning this evening when I read my last article on "How to Read ... a Mind" which covered the application of cognitive science to literary reading. As a result I don't think that I shall ever be able to read a book again without exploring my own consciousness at the same time.

 More importantly however I have enjoyed the experience, broadened my horizons and all without leaving my computer. A little more practice and I should be ready to greet my post-retirement education head-on. 


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Exhaustion

Enough

Boots and Balance

Late, Even in Retirement

Abbatar

Sort Your Life Out

A Reprieve

Good Riddance

Thank You but..