Knitting Again



I am pleased to report that I have just completed the knitting of a cardigan for the youngest. This is something of an accomplishment as the last garment that I knitted for her, or indeed for anyone, was when she was only a few weeks old and it was understandably much smaller than my current piece of work.

Having taken an 18 year break from knitting, it was therefore a novelty to pick up needles again in retirement and see if I could still make something decent enough to be worn.

Sadly, however, I didn't quite finish it in time for the winter weather. The youngest was still delighted with it (or maybe she was being polite) and has even placed an order for this coming winter or, on reflection, 2017!


Comments

Unknown said…
It has a nice chunky look to it Caree.
Caree Risover said…
Oh dear you have caught me out - knitted with big needles!

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Fatigued

Tormented

A Lifesaver

Grateful for a Good Week

Happy New Me