Sunset



Normally I prefer to write in my blog posts rather than post photographs. However at 5pm when I was leaving the gym, everywhere was shimmering in a red glow. Driving down the road, I realised that the sunset was phenomenal and after loitering a little to enjoy it, sped up again to get home to get my camera out.







I really have begun to appreciate colour, now that with retirement I have the time to enjoy it. The new camera has started to come into its own and whereas often photographs of sunsets can be a disappointment, the results tonight were rather pleasing. It was a glorious  display from the natural world, with sun and clouds in perfect positions for thirty minutes or more of  awesome entertainment. I just couldn't stop watching (and clicking).




Comments

Debra Journet said…
These are amazing. What kind of camera do you have?
Caree Risover said…
Thank you Debra. The camera is a small Panasonic Lumix TZ60 and it really does punch above its weight. My previous camera (apart from breaking) was rather cumbersome to carry around and, after 6 years, behind the times although it had a wonderful zoom lens. I chose this one because I wanted something that I could instead slip into a pocket but which had a high megapixel count (18.1) and a good zoom (x30 optical, x60 digital) as well as a live view finder and a wifi connection. Whilst it doesn't feel as good to hold as my previous camera and the view finder and battery life are a disappointment in comparison, I am nevertheless bowled over by its performance and ease of handling.
Sorry to bore.
Debra Journet said…
Not boring at all. I think really good pictures are a combination of the light, the camera, and the skill of the photographer. You obviously had all three here. The pictures are really lovely.
Caree Risover said…
Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

Sort Your Life Out

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Late, Even in Retirement

Thank You but..

Happy New Me