Bad Reaction



At the risk of sounding neurotic, I surprised myself last week with my reaction to calling into the office where I used to work. I had to drop something off for one of my former colleagues and on driving away was surprised to realise that a wave of stress was drifting over me. It was a feeling that I have not experienced since I retired and in the time it took me to drive no more than 500 yards I had run a gamut of emotions related to feeling under pressure, until I forcibly reminded myself that I had paid a visit only and that wild horses will not drag me screaming back to the workplace.

I am a lady of leisure who lunches and practises yoga and that is the way it is staying!


Comments

Debra Journet said…
I would take that as a validation from on high of your decision to retire!
Caree Risover said…
Well that's one way of looking at it!

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Exhaustion

Enough

Boots and Balance

Late, Even in Retirement

Abbatar

Sort Your Life Out

A Reprieve

Technophobia

Great British Bake Off