Hectic


Since I last wrote here, life has been somewhat hectic. Everyone told me that it wouldn't be long before I would wonder how I ever managed to fit work into my daily schedule and I confess the thought has already begun to cross my mind.

As well as attending meetings for the charities with which I am involved, we had a day out at the Great Yorkshire Show last week followed by a sailing trip on the Firth of Clyde. They were long, pleasurable days when the sun shone throughout, but we had only limited opportunities to sit down and rest aching muscles.

As a result the weekend was spent in a state of rejuvenation and whilst I have caught up with some jobs in the garden, filled the fridge and considered tackling the ironing basket, it has generally been a time for physical recovery. Moreover and although I retired three and a half weeks ago, Saturday and Sunday were actually the first time we have stayed at home (discounting Saturday's supermarket trip) all day.

Of course whilst I am determined not to allow retirement to become a routine of domesticity,  I think we have realised that we cannot neglect altogether the household needs, nor charge off on a day trip or adventure every day. If nothing else, my energy levels would be totally sapped. 



Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Great British Bake Off

Grateful for a Good Week

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

The 3 x 60 Challenge

A Lifesaver