Camp Site Booked

Yes, my optimism regarding Le Tour de France was well founded and I have now booked a pitch for our tent in a farmer's field above Hawes. It is in easy reach of the moderately steep walk up Buttertubs, which is, of course, nothing like as daunting as cycling up there. 

The farmer replied to my e-mail to indicate that in order to try to please everyone he was making two fields available: a quiet one and another that is rapidly becoming known as "the party field." In response to his request that we  indicate which we prefer, I cowered away from the party crowd and opted for the quiet option. After all if I am to get up that hill on the morning of the race, I shall need to be up and out early.

My youngest snorted in disgust when I told her. "A once in a lifetime occasion and you choose to spend it in your sleeping bag," she muttered, whilst reiterating that she will not be accompanying us. No doubt she will be seeking to take advantage of our absence by planning a party of her own.


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Boots and Balance

Sort Your Life Out

Exhaustion

Late, Even in Retirement

Keeping the Faith

Abbatar