An Opposite Encounter



Yesterday you will recall I had a conversation that resulted in me considering the potential for boredom in retirement, languishing without work or apparent purpose. 

Today, I am pleased to report that I found the flip-side to that conversation when I entered into a discourse with a former client whom I bumped into. Now happily retired, she disclosed that she had just returned from a season in the Alps where she had trained as a ski instructor. She enthusiastically described her exploits since relinquishing her own business. I was inspired and honestly can hardly wait to start my own retirement adventures.


Comments

Bob Koechley said…
Stumbled on your Blog and encourage you to keep it going.

I live in the US midwest and work in R&D at a famous biotechnology company and will retire a month from today.

I feel I have the best possible job but at 68 have decided to persue some of my other interests. Being open minded about the future but somehow doubt I will begin training for the ski patrol in the Alps, like your friend.

Have been advised to make no firm plans for the first year.

I will comment on your blog as things unfold.
Caree Risover said…
Good to hear from you Bob. It is quite awesome standing on the edge of such a life changing event. I look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

Sort Your Life Out

Abbatar

Late, Even in Retirement

Keeping the Faith