Party Planning

It's been a busy week at work, but good colleagues always help. This week they surpassed themselves not only with their efforts but also their plans for my retirement party. Apparently they don't want me slipping out of the back door quietly and reckon a large party is required with invitations to all the great, good and sociable I have fraternised with during my career.

I have to confess the more they described it, the more emotional I became, until I could hardly hold back the tears. I have an awful feeling that if they go ahead with this plan, it's going to feel a bit like attending my own funeral. 

Maybe the back door will be better.




Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Fatigued

A Lifesaver

Tormented

Grateful for a Good Week

Happy Easter