The Boring Stuff or What Nobody Tells You About Preparing for Retirement



That meeting with the IFA is coming up and I've been preparing spread-sheets: income sources against expenditure and a list of assets and pension funds.
 
I've been told when you retire your expenditure on some things should decrease. However, I am struggling to identify anything apart from clothing and petrol at the moment. What's more I suspect any savings there, may be offset by increased heating bills and travel costs. Also there's the youngest to help until she finishes her education.
 
Help - if the figures don't balance, do I worry about living in penury when I'm 70, 80 or 90? Maybe I should visit a fortune teller rather than an IFA.

Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Exhaustion

Enough

Boots and Balance

Late, Even in Retirement

Abbatar

Sort Your Life Out

A Reprieve

Technophobia

Good Riddance